Documents to be attached to the complaint
You have to attach the following to your complaint:
- a copy of your claim to the financial institution;
- a copy of the financial institution’s response to your claim (if any);
- a copy of the contract with the financial institution (for instance, the insurance policy which enabled you to apply to the insurance organization);
- a copy of other documents on the merits of the dispute (for example, a copy of the notice of delivery of your claim);
- copies of documents confirming the authority of the legal representative of the consumer of financial services (when sending the complaint through a legal representative);
- a copy of the payment document confirming the payment of fees for the review by the FOS of the application of third parties (in the case of a referral by a third party who has been assigned the financial services consumer’s right to call on a financial organization under an agreement on assignment of claim rights).
Please note that an independent expert review is not required to submit an complaint to the FOS. If needed, an independent review will be done at the FOS initiative.